Sunday, July 14, 2013

Limu Chan, Hugable, Lovable Keiki Doll


Limu Chan

Almost 2 years ago, after my granddaughter, Nana Chan, was born, I started thinking about making a hugable, lovable cloth doll for her.Now that her 2nd birthday is approaching and she has developed a great appreciation for dolls and stuffed animals, I finally created Limu Chan for her.

In the past I have made exclusively 3.5" miniature, collectible Hawaiian Menehune dolls. Limu Chan is 9" tall and required a new bigger pattern and a new design for a doll who can be handled and played with by children.
I initially envisioned a Hawaiian doll, but that changed after my 'inner doll maker' took over. A piece of fabric my mother in Germany had once given me practically fell into my hands and I sewed Limu Chan's dress out of it. That way Limu Chan has a part of Nana Chan's Great Grandmother.
This project was a whole new experience for me. I had so much fun with it that I decided to add a new line of  hugable, lovable and playable dolls for children to my miniature, collectible Menehunes.




Limu Chan is named after the Hawaiian Limu (sea weed) that Nana Chan loves to eat. Limu Chan is just like my little Granddaughter half Japanese and half Caucasian with the same naughty expression on her face.



No comments:

Post a Comment